Competence Research Centres
- bridge the gap between scientific and economic innovation
- provide a collective environment for academics, industry and in some cases public services, as well as sufficient critical mass of people who can synergistically extend research and diffuse the resulting knowledge
- are an instrument to tackle the ‘European Paradox’, i.e. the fact that Europe plays a leading role in the world in terms of scientific excellence and the provision of highly-skilled human capital, but largely fails to convert science-based findings and inventions into wealth-generating innovations
- pooling of knowledge
- concentration of infrastructure
- creation of new knowledge by performing different types of research (pre-competitive and competitive)
- training and dissemination of knowledge towards target groups of involved actors in a tailor-made way
Are you missing?
This COMPERA Website aims at enhancing transparency over Competence Research Centers (CRCs) in Europe. Accordingly, it is open to all CRCs in Europe that meet the definition of CRCs and fulfil our quality standards.
If you think your CRC should be listed on our site or if you need further information please send us an e-mail:
Your request for being listed should contain:
- Contact details (name of contact person, organisation, address, e-mail, website, telephone)
- Website of the CRC
- A short description of the CRC (aims, partners, location, highlights).
The COMPERA Technical Committee will then evaluate whether your CRC can be listed. We are looking forward to receiving your suggestions!