Call for proposals for ARTEMIS 2012
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for ARTEMIS 201 within the framework of the Seventh EC Framework Programme.
The objective of the ARTEMIS Joint Undertaking (ARTEMIS-JU) is to increase the efficiency of technological development and enhance European competitiveness of the market in the supply of embedded systems technologies.
Embedded systems can be found in a wide variety of everyday products and services, from children's toys and mobile phones to space probes and from transportation vehicles to healthcare systems. They perform a range of functions, from providing intelligence on the spot and capabilities to connecting to an abundance of systems, either physical or at cyber-space level, in real time.
In a sense, embedded systems bridge the gap between cyberspace and the physical world. In the future, systems are expected to be more autonomous and robust, operating dependably even in the presence of network degradation or temporary failure.
This call will cover a number of priorities and sub-programmes:
- reference designs and architectures;
- seamless connectivity and interoperability;
- design methods and tools;
- foundational research topics;
- methods and processes for safety-relevant embedded systems;
- embedded systems for healthcare and wellbeing;
- embedded systems in smart environments;
- embedded systems for manufacturing and process automation;
- computing platforms for embedded systems;
- embedded systems for security and critical infrastructures protection;
- embedded systems supporting sustainable urban life;
- human-centred design of embedded systems.
To see the official call announcement, please consult:
OJ No C 114 of 19 April 2012 and the following link
To see partnership requests for this call, please see the following https://cordis.europa.eu/partners/web/guest/calls (link)
Remarks: Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text.