Conferences - Long Term CRC Strategies
Conference programme and presentations
How to encourage innovation in a top region for logistics? – Alex Van Breedam(Flanders' Institute for Logistics, Belgium)
CRC Margune, the Basque node in manufacturing - Xabier Maidagan(Cooperative Research Centre in High Performance Manufacturing, Spain)
From ships to chips – Godfrey Gaston (Institute for Electronics, Communications and Information Technologies, Northern Ireland)
Centre for ECO2 - ECOnomical and ECOlogical - Vehicle Design - Peter Göransson
(Centre for ECO2 - Vehicle Design, Sweden)
CRC Workshop: Long-term strategies of Competence Research Centres for durability
The workshop on 5 March 2008 focused on the exchange of experiences between CRCs on possible strategies towards durability and/or the long-term embedding of achieved results. Although the CRCs are large initiatives with long-term ambitions, the funding through the programmes is project-based and thus of limited duration.
Examples of different long-term strategies chosen by CRCs in Europe and its implementation were presented. These presentations were followed by an interactive discussion between the participants of the workshop.
Questions that were discussed:
- Is their a need to continue the CRC after its initial period of funding? If yes, how to do this?
- Which other options are possible to ensure the embedding of the achievements and results?
- What are the differences in Europe towards the long-term strategies for CRCs?
- Which difficulties arise at its implementation?
- What can we learn from each other?
- What is the role of developed research agenda's and impact measurements in this process?
- Which needs exists?
The aim of workshop on 5 March 2008 was to support CRCs in the development and/or further implementation of the long-term strategy of their centre.