Conferences - Global Links
+ 46 8 473 31 78
- Key note speaker Prof. John Boland, Director, CRANN Nanoscience Centre, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Dr. Patries Boekholt, Managing Director, Technopolis Group: European study “International Co-operation of Competence Research Centres: State of the Art, Needs and Perspectives”
- Åsa Minoz, Senior Analyst, VINNOVA: Background of the Global Links Initiatives and result from the Swedish survey
- Prof. Jan Grahn, Centre Director, Chalmers University of Technology: Strategy for GigaHertz Centre
- Dr. Katrin Danerlöv, Assistant Centre Manager, Institute for Surface Chemistry: Strategy for the CODIRECT Centre
- Dr. Christina Caesar, Coordinator Global Links Biomaterials, Chalmers University of Technology: Strategy for Global Links Biomaterials
Global Links - Global Opportunities and Challenges
Co-operation on a Global Arena for Competence Research and Innovation Centres.
When adapting to global competitiveness, Europe with its Competence Research Centres, as well as other research and innovation milieus, face both challenges and opportunities. The Global Links Conference will focus on the opportunities and present strategies to meet the challenges. The conference will also present some experiences of internationalization of research clusters worldwide. Two main initiatives will be highlighted:
- Presentation of the European study “International Co-operation of Competence Research Centres: State of the Art, Needs and Perspectives”, funded by the COMPERA Network.
- Presentations on Global Links Strategies: Experiences from several Swedish Strong Research and Innovation Milieus who developed their strategies for international co-operation.
Place: Stockholm, Sweden Date: January 20, 2010
The Global Links Conference is open to representatives of Competence Research Centres (partners and management), Agencies and Ministries executing CRS Programmes and policymakers on regional, national and European/international level.