Good practice examples
REDIT, the Network of Technological Institutes of the Valencian Community, offers its participants a complete network of highly qualified individuals and advanced technological infrastructures driven towards promoting a solid and competitive industrial web.
European and International
Public Awareness and Public Relations
Do a good job - and speak about it. Public relations and the shaping of public awareness are crucial for successful CRCs as they improve visibility and - even more importantly - contribute to the formation of an “own identity”. This is particularly important as, at their core, CRCs are networks between very different partners. Collaboration between these partners is often a new experience, requiring trust and perspective.
Ensure that the CRC has a basic communication infrastructure
- have your own (bilingual/English) website and keep it up to date and interesting (by publishing news, events, success stories, etc.); provide for web statistics.
- publish a newsletter (Research output, news, events, etc.)
- consider implementing a Customer Relations Management System (CRMS).
- ensure linkages to the COMPERA website, etc. (www.competence-research-centers.eu)
- use services such as CORDIS that are designed to communicate research-related press releases.
Develop activities aimed at the building-up of CRC profile
- develop a communication / outreach plan
- take part in Public Understanding of Science activities, e.g., through partnerships with schools or Science Centres, Deutsche Telekom’s “Long Nights of Science”, etc.
- consider the allocation of budget for launch and/or recognition events
- take part in courses on how to deal with the Press and Media
- Ask your funding body for advice,. E.g. Invest NI has a corporate marketing team
- Join forces with other actors in your region or in your field of research
- if your funding agency provides an “umbrella infrastructure” that, for example, organises joint PR, actively use it.
- find regional/thematic partners (for example through the COMPERA map function) for joint presentation on trade fairs, etc.
- take part in delegation journeys, trade fairs, etc., of your regional development agencies.